Tuesday 18 February 2014

A Wreath With A Difference...


The difference being that it is made of pencils!


These four colouring pencils were a freebie and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to do something out of the ordinary with them.  I pulled out matching 3mm satin ribbon and set to work trying to tie them together.  After lots of frustration I pulled out the glue gel and stuck them together!  When the gel had dried I added my ribbon and tied them in to bows.


Then this square of pencils sat on my desk for a week or more.  I just wasn't sure how to make it in to something...  I couldn't add it to scrapbook page as it is too dimensional.  I couldn't incorporate it in to a mini album as it wouldn't withstand much bashing around. 


There were two options left; a wreath - just a bit of quirky colour for the sake of it or a picture frame - finding a way to put a back on and getting it to stand by itself and adding a photo.  As of yet I've not managed to find a way of making it stand, so for now it is just a colourful little wreath hanging up in my art room.


Let me know what you think,
Laura


2 comments:

carol said...

Bright and cheerful.. sure it fits perectly in your room x

La Vikinga said...

I knew this was your idea laura; you invent so many different things I never would have thought of!!

C