Tuesday 25 October 2016

Santa's Grotto Advent Calendar


Hi Guys, it's Laura here today.


I know it's early!  I know!  But... this is the first of three advent calendars I will make and share this year.  The second one (coming at the beginning of the November) will be given away as a RAK.  Now, in order to allow enough time for people to enter, and then enough time for posting to wherever in the world the recipient lives, I have to start sharing the calendars now!  So, here is the first of this years advent calendars...


I've gone all out ribbon on this one!  I've used the Santa's Grotto range exclusive to Crafty Ribbons, which has numbers and characters (and also lace, but I couldn't squeeze any on!)
Each glassine bag is stuffed with a few sequins and a tissue wrapped parcel, and has a numbered tile of ribbon pegged on to a length of hanging ribbon.


All of the hanging ribbons are attached to a coat hanger, but if you fancy making one yourself a piece of driftwood, a length of dowelling, a wreath... anything that you can hang 24 little gifts on will work!


For those with slightly chunkier gifts I have used a bigger peg, for very light gifts I have used mini pegs.  As the glassine bags are see through I have used four different colours and patterns of tissue paper to wrap the gifts in.  Some bags also have a doily added for extra decoration.


You can see this 'in the flesh' at the fairs Crafty Ribbons are exhibiting at between now and Christmas.


I enjoyed making this so much, as I said at the top of the post, I have made another one too...


But it has a slight twist, so stay tuned in November when I will share it and give it away to one lucky crafter!


Thanks for stopping by!
Laura