Saturday 12 August 2017

Sewn Silk Lilacs

Hi guys, Laura here today.

There seems to be a real trend for ribbon embroidered flowers at the moment.  I have no experience in this but thouoght I'd try to combine it with my love of scrapbooking.  In hindsight I should have learnt the art of ribbon embroidery first before attempting to do it on cardstock and over a photo.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing!


Any how it turned out OK in the end.  The photo is of blooms way past their best so I added some brown watercolour to my silk ribbon flowers to make it look like they had turned too.


You can find some ribbon embroidery kits (with good clear instructions) here and a huge stash of silk ribbons here.  I have used pieces from a scrap bag which is a great way to get started.


Despite the trickyness and frustration it is safe to say I will be trying this again.  I'll be stocking up on silk ribbon too, as they are lovely to work with!


1 comment:

Margreet said...

So beautiful!
xxx Margreet